Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Best of Intentions


I just thought you should know I created this blog on February 3rd. That would be exactly 10 months from tomorrow. I totally had great intentions. At least twice a month I have intended to actually write something on it. Aaannndd it obviously didn’t happen, so here I sit, in an airport, at a quiet gate, with a peppermint mocha and time to kill!

I’ve flown frequently in the past couple of weeks and have had plenty of time to read. Most recently, I’ve been reading The First Drop of Rain by Leslie Parrott. Read it. For real. She inspired me to finally write. In the opening chapter, she says, “A professor once told me that nothing can belong to us, even our own experience, unless we understand it. I watch my life with my eyes. I touch it with my fingers. My mind considers and my heart longs. Across the landscape of my interior, truth coalesces and I begin to understand. As I write my stories, I begin to understand.”

At the risk of making this sound like a research paper, in another chapter, Leslie Parrott said, “The more we allow God’s knowing of us to come into our awareness, the more we risk and the more deeply we are known by others, and the more hope there is for healing…The joy and liveliness of our personal presence is diminished when we are distracted by the work of hiding.”

You see, I’m not really open about my life, but I want to understand myself and the things God has placed around me. I want these experiences to belong to me – to become a part of who I am becoming. I do a really bad job of processing internally. I come to absolutely ridiculous conclusions. So, I’m going to share some of my stories, hope and healing. I don’t want to hide. So…here’s my attempt at being vulnerable and sharing with you the things God is awakening in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment